- Steam Community
- Donate (much appreciated!)Description:
A skin for Steam inspired by Microsoft's design language, Metro UI.Installation:
1. Extract the ZIP to its own folder. This folder should contain the following: Friends, graphics, Public, resource, Servers, Steam, custom.styles, readme.txt.
2. DeviantART gives downloads a long file/folder name so I suggest changing it. I recommend "Metro for Steam - (Version #)".
3. Copy "Metro for Steam - (Version #)" to "Steam/skins/".
4. In Steam, go to "Menu - Settings - Interface" and change "default skin" to "Metro for Steam - (Version #)" under the third dropdown menu.
5. Restart Steam Customization:
Accent color and fonts can be changed with the dedicated settings app, courtesy of ~SoapyHamHocks
It can be downloaded at the following link. [link]Friends List:
2.8 introduces three layout choices for the friends list: Fat (Default), Chubby, and Slim.
Screenshots can be viewed at the following link. [link]
To change to a layout other than default:
1. Navigate to "Metro for Steam - (Version #)/Friends/Options/LAYOUT OF YOUR CHOOSING/"
2. Copy the "FriendsDialog.res" file in that directory to your "Metro for Steam - (Version #)/Friends/" directory, overwriting the default.
3. Restart Steam Credits:
(Settings App, Feedback/Testing Machine)
Shawn (Feedback and Build Testing)
Asphira and Inhibitor (Feedback and Consulting)
Auroka (Vector Steam Logo)
Everyone (too many to list individually) who uses the theme and provides me with invaluable feedback! Thanks!